Tuesday, November 27

Quick update

Today is exactly three weeks until I come home to the USA. Mixed feelings for sure, but more on that later... This will just be a quick life update, because I'm procrastinating, but only a little bit!

I was supposed to go to occupied Palestine (aka Israel) for Thanksgiving, but ended up deciding only half an hour before I was due to leave that I couldnt, because I have way too much to do. I just would not have enjoyed myself at all, and I've never really wanted to go to a place as badly as I want to go to Palestine. Most places I go, I'm excited about it just because its more travelling & whats not to like about travelling?! But, I really specifically want to go to Palestine, and see the Dome of the Rock and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre & Bethlehem and the Wailing Wall and just... everything. Which is ultimately why I decided I can't go this semester, b/c I wouldnt have the time to do it all, and if I was stressed out like I was about the number of papers I have due this week I would not enjoy it at all. My next trip to the Middle East insha'allah!

Instead I just stayed in Cairo & locked myself in my room to study/write. It was pretty productive. I managed to find Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with Max Soren & Soren's girlfriend, which was a lot of fun. Pumpkin pie made me so happy! Friday night I let myself out to bake cookies & drink wine with Max & Soren at our friend Drew's apartment, & Saturday night was coffee with Chris & the movie Me You & Everyone We Know with a bunch of people. If you have seen it, then )) <--> (( .... and if you havent, you should!! I'm trying to find a good balance between hanging out with all my friends as much as possible before we're all over the place forever, and doing the necessary typical student finals work. Its a little rough!
Last night we all went for dinner at an amazing Lebanese restaurant for Meghan's birthday, which was a lot of fun. the night before I went to see Egypt play Saudi Arabia in the final match of the Pan-Arab Games. It was so cool. The game itself was pretty boring (Egypt controlled possession & won 2-1, Saudi played a man down almsot the whole game) but the atmosphere was fun. We bought ski masks made out of Egyptian flags as souvenirs. Theyre amazing.

Thats pretty much it for me recently - now its just a few more classes some papers & some finals between me & coming home. Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.