
This last weekend was Eid al Fitr, or the feast holiday marking the end of Ramadan. I ended up going to Jordan with 2 guy friends, Max & Soren. It was so so much fun that I really don't know where to start. The short story is we went to Nuweiba, got a ferry to Aqaba Jordan, then campe din the desert of Wadi Rum for a night, saw Petra in 3.5 hours, and then spent about 20 hours journeying back to Cairo. Parts of the adventure included some awesome bug bites from an overpriced shitty hotel/hostel, nearly missing the ferry due to a lack of immigration stamp & literally sprinting all over the port to get it before the ferry left, meeting an Aussie, a Brit, & 2 Canadians & spending 2 days in the desert with 6 men, and using more Arabic (successfully!) than I ever have in Egypt. It was incredible, but unfortunately there are also midterms and creepily fast approaching finals that need writing/studying, so I can't elaborate anymore at the moment. I've been tyring to get all my pictures up on Google's picture web site, which is http://picasaweb.google.com/AshleyVEvans , so you can look at pictures more easily now if you don't have facebook. The picture at the top of this post is of the enormous Jordanian flag in Aqaba. Aqaba is on the Israeli-Jordanian border, and so we are pretty confident the flag is just a giant fuck you to the Israeli government. Its very interesting how you really cant remove politics from anything over here. Also, I drove my road signs that said "Saudi border, 19km." AWESOME!
Studying here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment