Tonight was my first soccer game in probably 6 years .... we tied 1-1 and it was awesome, & I took the corner kick that set up the goal! I also nearly died from an inability to breathe, but ma'alish! its 5-a-side indoor-ish (the 'field' is concretetype stuff, but outside) ramadan tournament, 10minute halves, & competitive but also pretty low-key. I got essentially badgered into joining the team by the captain Samira, who didnt answer any of my questions about how intense it was or anything & just told me to sign up, so I followed instructions. I'm so glad I did - its typical Egpytian crazy disorganized, but the girls are mostly really nice & fun, & it will definitely get me in shape. I have been chasing around rumors of a hip hop dance club, but I can never actually connect with someone who is involved, so I've kinda given up & soccer will be the replacement activity. I'm still really proud we tied - the other team has been playing together for a while, & us 5 had never even practiced together. Yay!
That's all. I just wanted to boast. :-)
Monday, September 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment